- How does
- How does prototypical inheritance work?
- Named Function Expression? Function Declaration? Hoisting?
void keyword or were foiled by type coersion? All of these issues, we learn once, and almost immediately understand. Either that, or developers don’t encounter these because the libraries that they use, and learn from, don’t use any (anti-)features either.
Not only are issues like
- PPK’s “this” blog post (from the DOM perspective)
The key here is to first learn about prototypical inheritance using
Object.create and then come back to trying to understand what the new operator is doing. Most tutorials mess this up, by explaining it the “classical” way first, and subsequently lead to much confusion about following the prototype chain and this and that.
- Prototypes: The Short(est Possible) Story
- Named function expressions demystified
- Immediately-Invoked Function Expression (IIFE)
- Function Hoisting
Do you have more examples or blog posts? Let me know on twitter and I’ll add them to this list.